At VFW Post 1, we believe that service transcends military service and is a core of who are. As a Post 1 family, we take care of our brothers and sisters.
Post 1 works collaboratively with the VA’s Supportive Services for Veteran Families program (SSVF), offering case management services, assistance in obtaining benefits and emergency financial resources.
The SSVF Program also seeks to prevent Veterans and their families from becoming homeless and helps to rapidly re-house those who have lost their homes. The SSVF services are located down the street from Post 1 at the Bill Daniels Center Volunteers of America at 1247 Santa Fe Dr. Denver, CO 80204 (720) 501-3367
If you served in the Military, received an honorable discharge, and need health care, you can enroll in the VA health care system. Enrolling is easy, and you can do it online here.
- VFW Post 1 partners with Healing Warriors to mitigate pain, PTSD and improve sleep through non-narcotic therapies. These include Acupuncture, CranioSacral Therapy, Healing Touch and Massage Therapy.
- VFW Post 1 offers free yoga classes to military veterans, active military, reservists, National Guard, and their families. Hosted by our partners, Comeback Yoga, these trauma-informed yoga sessions help participants of all abilities and ages develop resiliency in response to their life experiences, which may include post-traumatic stress.
- Rocky Mountain Regional VA Medical Center (303) 399-8020 x5687
- Denver Vet Center (303) 326-0645
- Jefferson Center for Mental Health (303) 425-0300
- People House (303) 480-5130
- Marcus Institute for Brain Health (303) 724-3473
- Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic (303) 724-4255
- Inelligent.com – College Planning Guide for Students with Mental Health Disorders
The Jones Act, also known as the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, is one of the most important laws for seamen who have been injured on the job. Resources to file a claim can be found here.
The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1 Relief Fund is established to provide financial assistance to Eligible Veterans of the United States Armed Forces who have insufficient financial resources to meet an emergency need for food, shelter, transportation, utilities, and/or health care.
With an active community of patients, experts, and health care providers, we support the elderly and disabled communities with community-based education and actionable solutions for Medicare to address your health care needs.
Veteran Business directory
Managing Broker, Realtor/Agent
John began his real estate career in 2006, after relocating from Chicago with his family to the Stapleton neighborhood in Denver. In 2010, after a few years as a Broker Associate, John started his own real estate company. Having success in a corporate setting and as an independent agent, John was eventually drawn to Corcoran Perry & Co. by their reputation as Denver’s premier boutique real estate company and their affiliation with the Cartus Broker
With over 15 years of experience, Laura Bingham builds brands with the right creative solution from initial concept to visual execution—without the agency price tag.
Her expertise includes logo & brand identity, website design & development, SEO, letterset & collateral design, presentations & infographics, print & digital advertising, event graphics & signage, illustration, and hand-lettering.
Tony Adams, MBA
Chief Operating Officer
Tony has over 20 years of real estate and mortgage experience. As an executive at RE/MAX, LLC, he was a part of the core team that founded and started Motto Mortgage. Today he serves as the COO of Motto Mortgage Plus.
Tony is an Army Veteran and served in combat missions in Afghanistan.