VFW Post 1
History of Veterans of Foreign Wars VFW Post 1
VFW Post 1 was founded in 1899. The first meeting, held at the Colorado State Capitol, was the first of many used to organize benefits and rights for veterans involved in overseas conflicts. [themify_button style=”small flat rect” link=”https://vfwpost1.org/history” ]More History[/themify_button]
The VFW Post 1 Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars was established in 1914 – 100+ years of service to our veterans, their families, communities and our youth. One of the most important programs the VFW Auxiliary established was donating over $3 million annually towards cancer aid and research.
All proceeds are 100%; there is no overhead.
[themify_button style=”flat rect black” link=”https://vfwpost1.org/vfw-post-1-auxiliary/” ]Read More[/themify_button]
- Housing and wrap around Veteran Services: (case-management services, assistance in obtaining benefits and emergency financial resources, the SSVF Program seeks to prevent Veterans and their families from becoming homeless and to rapidly rehouse those who have lost their homes.), 1247 Santa Fe Dr. Denver, CO 80204 Phone: (720) 501-3367 – See more at: Volunteers of America Veterans Center. https://www.voacolorado.org/veteran-services-center
- Merchant Marine Medical Claim Support:
- HealthCare: VA Health Care System: If you served in the Military, received an honorable discharge, and need health care, you can enroll in the VA health care system. Enrolling is easy, and you can do it online at www.1010ez.med.va.gov
- Alternative Therapies Healing Warrior Program: (Alternative Pain and PTSD Therapy Acupuncture, CranioSacral therapy and Healing Touch)
Ph: 970-776-VETS (8387), http://HealingWarriorsProgram.
- Counseling Vet centers offer counseling away from the VA.
- Crisis Line: National Veterans Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-8255, Crisis Text Line: text “hello” to 838255
- The Recovery Village Personalized Addiction Treatment:
VFW Post 1 Photo Gallery
Open the images below for more details.